Mr. Weber was an amazing speaker. I felt like I got way more out of the discussion than I originally thought I would. He was very professional and had a good way of bringing the discussion to us in a formal yet welcoming way. I felt like I really learned a lot and am glad we had the opportunity to have him in our class.
His discussion of how to prepare for an interview was very helpful. Most of us know you should have a portfolio and work samples, but he gave us some really good feedback as to what exactly we should be thinking about and what to bring to an interview. His tips and hints will greatly help in the future when I begin interviewing. I also felt that he was very honest with us and gave us the chance to really know what to expect when interview time comes.
Discussing the concept of benefits and salaries was also very beneficial to me. I feel like I had a pretty god idea about a teaching salary and how it worked in the current education system, but his discussion really helped me to understand it much further. I learned a lot about how the administration works and more about coaching in the future as a teacher which is something I am greatly interested in.
Having Mr. Weber talk to us has been a great opportunity for me to understand a lot more about the education work field and what to expect when I am a part of it. I felt he was our most influential and beneficial speaker yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment