Wednesday, December 9, 2015

How to make a difference in young people's lives

As an art teacher I find that I am blessed with the opportunity to make a difference in young people's lives every single day.  Every second I spend in the classroom or preparing to be in the classroom I am building opportunities to strengthen and build bonds with my students.  I have been given the chance to work on projects and ideas with children which offers them the time and freedom to be uniquely individual.

In this way, I am building a future for each of my students by facilitating in their development.  By simply becoming that positive figure, that role model they can look up to and ask questions to, I can help them to feel much more secure and willing to learn and grow.  This becomes my main goal of education.  I wish to inspire my students to be creative and open, to think critically, and to broaden their minds to new and vast ideas.  In this sense, i hope to open these doors so that my students feel comfortable and willing to try new things.

When I think of how to build on these relationships, I know I must get to know my students on a deeper level rather than just chatting in class.  I hope to participate in extracurricular activities, coaching teams, and learning about my students' interests that lay outside of the education world.  By being this inquisitive and interested mentor, I hope to gain a deeper connection with students.  In this way, I can become a driving force in their growth and show them that anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment