Today was a lot of fun working with the kids. We began the second day of our lesson with discussing what they had learned from a video they had seen on watercolor that Mrs. M had shown them. We learned that they saw techniques such as stamping and dry brushing. I asked the students if they were ready to start getting their hands dirty and they all shrieked with excitement. I was really glad to see how ready they all were to start the project.
To begin our demonstration of the charts we had all of the students gather around the front table while my partner and I took turns demonstrating one technique at a time. The students were very attentive and good listeners which made it very easy to talk about how to do a certain technique. They didn't ask as many questions as I thought they would either. But at the end they did ask a few if they had some. One part of the demonstration that I really enjoyed was when we did the straw demonstration. They all got excited to see the paint flow around on the sheet when it was blown on by the straw. Once we had gone through the whole demonstration the class period was about over so we had to clean up and get the students ready for their next class.
It was a pretty fun time doing all of the techniques for the students and seeing how they lit up when they saw a technique they liked. I am really anxious to see the charts once the kids get the chance to start working on them.
This is what the charts look like. They are divided up with tape and each square has a space for a technique. This is one of the student's works, he really liked the crayon resist and he also used it on his final piece.
No comments:
Post a Comment