Sunday, September 13, 2015

Where I am now and where I am going in Art Ed.

As I think about my journey thus far in the Art Education program I find that I am continuing to gain experiences that further reinsure my desire to become an art teacher.  I continue to grow in my learning and understanding of my own abilities and where I must improve, and through these learning experiences I find my passion for working with our youth about a topic I find so true to the heart of education.

I have gained many experiences working in and with schools, clubs, summer camps, and other programs to build my confidence working with students, other teachers and staff, and even parents.  Through these interactions I have gained the opportunity to grow in my own pedagogy of education and in how I feel art pertains to the education system and my influence on it.  I feel compelled to continue sharing my own ideas while learning and sharing with others.

I absolutely wish to continue learning more and discovering new and diverse ideas and views when it comes to the arts, but I feel very confident in my own positions of its importance and relevance to our children and schools.  I am confident in arts importance and will be a positive force in keeping it alive and exciting in our schools.  I have much to learn and I know I will continue to learn for years to come even once I am in my own classroom, but I feel very comfortable and excited to start my next journey of student teaching!




No comments:

Post a Comment