Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Current Student Teacher Presentation

Having Erin Carr come in to talk to us about her experience student teaching so far was extremely helpful.  I  learned a lot about what is all required for student teaching and it was nice to hear from someone who was actually going through it at the time, not someone trying to remember what it was like in the past.  Her presentation was very relevant to me and was extremely beneficial.

Her discussion of the BE's was very insightful.  I felt like they were very relatable and that they are something that I can work on prior to getting into the classroom to prepare myself for the experience. Having her actually write out a timeline for when edTPA was to be done was also very helpful.  It was refreshing to hear about edTPA from someone who is actually doing it at the moment and to get some tips and tricks from her.

I would definitely suggest having a current student teacher come in to talk to future 308 classes as well.  It was good experience and was very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment